PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner certification are universally accepted credentials that confirm your knowledge of PRINCE2® project management principles and its operational methods. These certifications are considered a vital inclusion to resume with a view to career growth.
Those who wish to have controlled approach to administrating projects need to opt for these certifications. Project managers, team managers, project support and assurance staff, and managers are considered eligible for this training.
Netlabs ITS will provide you experienced and seasoned professionals from the industry with more than 15 years of practical implementation experience to train you to pass the exam for the PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner certifications.
- Case studies (based on real life scenarios)
- Official PRINCE2 sample papers (200+ practice question sets)
- Project templates which can be used in real project situations
Course Fees Includes
- PRINCE2 Training Fees (5 days duration)
- PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner Certification Examination Fees
- Lunch, Tea/Coffee
- Course Deliverables as stated above
PRINCE2 Training Course Outline
Structured Approach to Managing Projects
- Setting the scene for a structured approach to managing all projects; project success criteria; the model of the PRINCE2® method including the integrated elements of principles, processes, themes and tailoring.
The Process-based Approach
- PRINCE2® focuses on key processes needed for successful project management which must be present, but may be ‘tailored’ to reflect the complexity, scope and risks faced by the project. PRINCE2® Process Model will be used to help delegates understand and appreciate what should be done to manage each project, why it should be done and when in the project lifecycle.
- What is a Business Case; Outcomes, Outputs, Benefits and Dis-benefits; Developing, Verifying and Maintaining the Business Case; Confirming the benefits and the Benefits Review Plan.
- Project Management Team Structure and the Project Board, Project Assurance, Project Manager, Team Manager, Change Authority and Project Support roles & responsibilities. Stakeholder management; Communication Management Strategy.
- Levels and content of Plans; Exception Plans; Product-based approach to planning – Project Product Description, Product Breakdown Structure, Product Description, Product Flow Diagram; the PRINCE2® planning steps.
- Management and Technical Stages. Tolerance and Raising Exceptions. Project Board and Project Manager Controls for Reviewing and Reporting Progress; Baselines for Control; Capturing and Reporting Lessons; Eventdriven and time-driven controls.
- Issue and Change Control procedure; Configuration Management procedure; Configuration Management Strategy; Baseline, Handling changes; Tracking and protecting products; Change Authority; Change Budget.
- Quality Defined, The Quality Audit Trial; Acceptance Criteria, Quality Criteria, Quality Management Strategy, Quality Assurance, Quality Controls and Quality Review technique.
- Risk and Risk Management; Risk Management in Projects; Risk Management Strategy; Risk Management Procedure; Risk Budget.
- Specially written scenarios and comprehensive sets of related tasks help provide a practical application of the method. Practical work includes creating process models, completing tasks related to specific elements of the method such as how the PRINCE2® themes help to apply the PRINCE2® principles as well as a variety of objective test questions. Many tasks are designed to help delegates ‘link’ the four integrated elements of PRINCE2®; “principles”, “processes”, “themes” and “tailoring”.
- Foundation: 1 hour, closed book exam consisting of 75 multiple-choice questions. Passing the Foundation exam is a prerequisite to taking the Practitioner exam.
Practitioner: 2½ hours, open book (PRINCE2® manual only) consisting of 8 scenario-based objective test questions.
The PRINCE2 training class sizes are limited. The PRINCE2® training and certification course includes work-based practical activities and discussions as well as sample questions.