What is Business Process Management (BPM)?
BPM is a systematic approach to improving a company's business processes. For example, a BPM application could monitor receiving systems for missing items, or walk an employee through steps to troubleshoot why an order did not arrive. It is the first technology that fosters ongoing collaboration between IT and business users to jointly build applications that effectively integrate people, process and information.
BPM gives an organization the ability to define, execute, manage and refine processes that:
- Involve human interaction, such as placing orders
- Work with multiple applications
- Handle dynamic process rules and changes, not just simple, static flows, (think tasks with multiple choices and contingencies)
Important components include process modeling (a graphical depiction of a process that becomes part of the application and governs how the business process performs when you run the application), and Web and systems integration technologies, which include displaying and retrieving data via a Web browser and which enable you to orchestrate the necessary people and legacy applications into your processes. Another important component is what's been termed business activity monitoring, which gives reports on exactly how (and how well) the business processes and flow are working.
Netlabsits BPM solutions improve the visibility and control of your business processes. As a result, they can help differentiate your business from the competition, deliver the right goods and services and meet the demands of your customers for consistency and convenience.
Netlabsits intelligent business process solutions help you:
- Optimize business operations with visibility through continuous process monitoring and analytics.
- Accelerate task completion through robust collaboration capabilities.
- Manage change confidently with intuitive governance.
- Deliver more meaningful customer engagements by extending business processes to mobile devices.