This course covers the entire core Lotus Domino 8 system administration curriculum which is normally taught in 10 classes in courses L8ND750, L8ND760 and L8ND770.
The target audience for this course is system administrators new to Lotus Domino who need to acquire a foundational knowledge and working experience with the Lotus Domino 8 administration tools and who are responsible for:
- Installing and setting up of the initial, basic Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes 8 infrastructure.
- Setting up Domino Mail servers in the corporate intranet and extranet (i.e. Internet) environment.
- Monitoring and maintaining an existing Lotus Domino 8 infrastructure.
- Managing Notes and non-Notes users in a Domino domain.
Experience as a network administrator or mail system administrator, and experience using the Lotus Notes 8 Client. Delegates will learn how to:
- Be introduced to basic concepts that provide the foundation for Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes.
- Practice performing basic administration tasks using the Lotus Domino Administrator client.
- Install and configure a basic infrastructure with a single domain using an existing deployment plan.
- Set up replication and mail routing in the single-domain environment.
- Perform standard server maintenance and troubleshooting tasks.
- Register and maintain Notes and non-Notes users.
- Examining the Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes Architecture
- Performing Basic Administration Tasks
- Examining Lotus Domino Security Mechanisms
- Examining Mail Routing in Lotus Domino
- Examining Lotus Domino Replication
- Extending Lotus Domino Environment
- Installing and setting up the first Lotus Domino server and administrator
- Setting up servers in the Lotus Domino domain
- Adding Lotus Notes workstations to the Lotus Domino domain
- Setting up the administration environment
- Setting up the replication schedule to synchronize Lotus Domino system databases in the domain
- Configuring intranet Lotus Domino mail routing
- Configuring internet mail routing
- Enabling message controls
- Enabling server and messaging monitoring
- Troubleshooting common mail setup problems
- Managing Users
- Managing Groups
- Managing Non-Notes and Notes Clients
- Deploying Composite Applications
- Managing Servers
- Updating Servers
- Setting Up Server Monitoring
- Using Domino Domain Monitoring
- Monitoring Server Performance
- Resolving Server Problems
- Resolving User Problems